2022 PENS National Conference
We can't wait to see everyone May 18-21, 2022 in Bonita Springs, Florida! More information coming in early 2022!
2022 Excellence in Nursing Awards - Submission Deadline February 1
Nominations for the PENS 2022 Excellence in Nursing Awards are now being accepted.
for more information and to submit today!
The National Conference provides a forum for educational opportunities as well as a chance to interact with colleagues and experts in the field of pediatric endocrinology. The faculty will present information on a variety of pediatric endocrine disorders, as well as topics of general interest to nurses and other health care professionals. Teaching methods will include lectures, interactive sessions, discussions, workshops and poster sessions.
The opportunity to develop and continue relationships with your colleagues through networking is one of the key benefits of attending the PENS National Conference. Networking offers many tangible benefits to conference participants, including, but not limited to, validating your experience in providing nursing care and developing a better understanding of your practice and your role in care delivery by learning from others who are dealing with similar circumstances, solving the same problems and confronting the same issues. Take advantage of this national gathering of pediatric endocrinology nurses to learn more about national issues and trends.
- Develop new skills to improve educational and patient outcomes
- Provide educational opportunities in pediatric endocrinology for nurses and others with expertise in the area
- Promote the pursuit of nursing practice and research through a research presentation and poster session
- Provide educational opportunities in the management and treatment of selected endocrine disorders
- Provide direction for understanding health care changes
PENS Conference Reimbursement Scholarship - Submission Deadline March 1
PENS Conference Reimbursement Scholarship exists to enable pediatric endocrine nurses to advance their knowledge in the areas of endocrine and growth disorders, endocrine nursing research and current issues in pediatric endocrinology nursing. Scholarship recipients can use these funds for registration expenses related to the PENS Conference.
Click here to learn more about the Conference Reimbursement Scholarship.
Call for Abstracts - Submission Deadline Dec. 1
The Research Committee of the Pediatric Endocrinology Nursing Society (PENS) invites you to develop an abstract to be considered for poster presentation at the PENS National Conference, scheduled for May 18-21, 2022 in Bonita Springs, Florida. Step up your game by submitting an abstract. All accepted abstracts will be published in an online issue of Journal of Pediatric Nursing! Abstracts are being solicited in the following four categories (descriptions below):
- Nursing Research
- Case Presentation
- Product-Based Research
The Research Committee will be soliciting abstracts from the nursing research poster category to be presented as podium presentations in the Research General Session at the conference. If you are submitting an abstract under the nursing research category and are interested in a podium presentation, please indicate this on your application.
Submit an Abstract
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can submit a poster?
You (or you and a team). One of the authors must be a member of PENS at the time of abstract submission.
Is there a special format that I must use to write my abstract?
Yes. See the abstract guidelines below. Please use the listed headings in the correct order. Previous PENS poster abstracts in all four categories are available online in the Journal of Pediatric Nursing if you would like to see an example.
What happens if my abstract is accepted for poster presentation?
Poster specifications and criteria for poster judging will be included in your acceptance letter. Authors of accepted abstracts will display a poster at the National Conference, May 18-21, 2022. Submitting an abstract signifies your commitment to present a poster should it be accepted.
What happens if my abstract is accepted for podium presentation?
Presentation specifications will be included in your acceptance letter. Authors of accepted abstracts will give a podium presentation at the National Conference in May 18-21, 2022. Submitting an abstract, and indicating you are interested in a podium presentation, signifies your commitment to give an oral presentation should your abstract be accepted.
What is the submission deadline?
2021-2023 PENS Conference Planning Committee
- One of the authors of the poster must be a member of PENS at the time of submission.
- Select an abstract category and follow the associated abstract guidelines.
- Abstracts must be submitted online. If you see a "thank you" message immediately after submitting your abstract, it has been successfully submitted. If you don't see the thank you message, contact Christie Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm receipt of your submission.
- Since reviews are blinded, please do not include any identifying information in the body of the abstract.
- All abstracts must be received by December 1, 2021.
- Eight Conference Reimbursement Scholarships (up to $1,000.00 of conference expenses reimbursed) are available for accepted poster authors by application only. Applications open with conference registration.
- For questions/guidance, contact Research Committee Chair Andrew Dwyer, or any member of the Research Committee.
Now accepting volunteer applications for the 2022-2023 PENS Conference Planning Committee.
Click here for more information on the Committee and to access the volunteer form.
Click here for more information on volunteering to become Vice Chair of this committee.
EXHIBITS AND SPONSORSHIP INFORMATION