The Research Committee is led by the Research Chair who is responsible for planning and overseeing implementation of committee activities. The term of office is two years. Working with the Research Chair is the Grant Director who is responsible for the coordination of all research grant activities. The term of office is two years.
The specific responsibilities of the Research Committee are as follows:
- Solicit abstracts for PENS conference. All poster abstracts are reviewed and rated by the Research Committee.
- Review Grant application and make recommendations for funding to the Board. Mentor the researchers on ways to improve the application and rigor of the study.
- Present research at the PENS conference. Workshop sessions, concurrent sessions, and poster sessions provide relevant and practical research to members and advice on how to incorporate that research into daily practice.
- Mentor members through a Research Preceptorship Program. The Program links beginning researchers with experienced researchers on projects of common interest.
- Submit research-related information to the newsletter. In the newsletter, information about the research process, research design, and other research-related topics is published as a means of educating members.
Click here for the PENS Willing to Serve Form
There are grant opportunities for PENS members at levels of research grants for which applications are available through this site. Contact our office for more information.
2019 Grant Submissions DUE no later than February 1, 2019
PENS Research Grant Application
PENS Evidence-Based Grant Application
PENS Multi-Center Grant Application
PENS Grant Director, Sharron Close, can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
Genentech Call for Grant Applications
(Growth Hormone Disorders)
A Call for Grant notification for scientific research projects and fellowships in the therapeutic area of Growth Hormone Disorders has been issued by Genentech, a member of the Roche Group. This notice is publicly available through Genentech's funding site and will also be posted on the Society for Academic Continuing Medical Education (SACME) site, and the Alliance for Continuing Education in Health Professions (ACEHP) site.
To review the details of this request, including criteria, due date, and submission procedures, please go to the Genentech funding request website: funding.gene.com
Please feel free to forward this to anyone in your organization who you think might also be interested in this notice.
Click here to view list of award recipients. (Requires membership to access)
2019 Call for Abstracts Opening Soon - October 2018!
Research Committee Roster
Carol Howe, PhD, RN, CDE - Chair
Isabel Couto, MSN, RN, CPN, NE-BCDunn Loring, VA
Maureen Dever, MSN, CPNP- BC - Board LiaisonHuntingdon Valley, PA
Andrew A. Dwyer
Linda Burkett, MSN, RN, CDE
Canyon Country, CA
Shari Liesch, APNP, CDE
Sharron M. Close, PhD, MS, CPNP-PC - Grant DirectorAtlanta, GA
Cynthia Snyder, MSN, RNElizabethtown, PA
Sally S. Cohen, PhD, RN FAANNew Rochelle, NY
Linda Steinkrauss, MSN, RN, CPNPNewark, DE